Montgomery County Location
Rich Mountain Community College has activities in Mt.Ida and Oden. For information contact Nancy Booth.
Programs and Services Provided
- Adult Education - GED
- TRIO Programs
- Admissions Assistance
- Credit Courses
Adult Education Services
- Provide free instruction in ESL, GED, Workforce preemployment
- Classroom based
- Student learning profiles are based on computer assessment
- Provide free text and materials
- Provide GED testing
- Provide referrals for additional training and employment
- Mt. Ida - average of 4 classes per year serving 45 students
- Introduction to Computers is the most frequently offered course
- Oden - average of 2 classes per year serving 25 students
- Providing classes and training to meet specific workforce and economic development needs
- Contact Maureen Keese to plan your business / industry and economic needs.
- Upward Bound
- Educational Opportunity Center
- Talent Search
- Administer assessment test to determine an individuals's appropriate educational placement level.
- Assist clients with application to post-secondary educational institutions, including ACT/ASSET registration and preparation.
- Assist clients with applications for financial aid, and much more!
- Montgomery Single Parent Scholarship
- Endowment Fund -- $8496
- Total of $18,905 contributions during history - started November 1999
- Earned $1726 interest
- Awarded $9635 since inception
- Funding Sources
- Local Citizens Group has Fund Raisers
- T-Coalition funds of approx. $3000 per year
- Match money of $4000 per year