Computer Use Policy
This acceptable use statement establishes guidelines for the utilization of college owned information resources (includes technology). These restrictions support Arkansas law and the policies of Rich Mountain Community College.
Priorities for utilization of RMCC information resources are:
- Use of RMCC information resources for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities is prohibited. Violation of copyright and/or licensing restrictions is prohibited.
- Use of RMCC information resources for commercial purposes is prohibited.
- Use of RMCC information resources for product advertisement is limited to RMCC functions and activities.
- Use of RMCC information resources for the viewing, production, duplication, distribution, receipts, and/or transmission of pornographic or obscene material is prohibited.
- No use of RMCC information resources shall serve to disrupt the resources of other users. No private software may be loaded without the express permission of the Director of Computer Services.
- All communications and information accessible via RMCC information resources should be assumed to be the property of RMCC.
- All access accounts for RMCC information resources will be used only by the authorized owner of the account for the authorized purpose. All access accounts shall be in compliance with established computer security policies.
- This policy is subject to change in correlation with equipment/software acquisitions and deletions.
- Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy will constitute cause for termination of resource access and further disciplinary and/or legal action.
All users of information resources must follow the Acceptable Use Policy. It is the intent of RMCC to provide information services to users for educational and administrative needs.