The Rich Mountain Community College site of the DeQueen-Mena Educational Cooperative Technical Education Center provides participating high school students with alternative programs of study that help provide training to enable the students to enter the workforce with marketable skills. The RMCC Career Center classes are an extension of the area high schools' curriculum and are an option for all eligible students. Courses taken at the RMCC Career Center count for credit at the student's local participating high school. Area schools which currently participate in the RMCC Career Center are:
Current programs of study offered through the RMCC Career Center are:
- Aviation Maintenance - The student will learn about the different materials used in the construction of aircraft, the proper way to weigh an airplane and calculate the center of gravity, and much more with hands-on instruction on an actual airplane.
- Java Programming - Students are introduced to Java programming using animations and games. The students will learn object-oriented programming in a fun and engaging environment.
- Machine Tool Technology - Students learn the skills necessary to enter the workforce as machine operators and machinists.
- Medical Professions Education - Students learn about the professions in the medical field and receive training for becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Radio & Television Broadcasting - Students learn all the aspects of radio and television production, including producing a weekly local news program.
For further information contact:
(479) 394-7622 ext. 1357