The Single Parent Scholarships are established for the following counties: Polk, Scott, and Montgomery Counties. Single parents may be eligible for the single parent funds in those counties. Eligibility requirements include:
- Custody of one or more children
- Qualifying for the Federal Pell Grant
- Being a resident of one of the three counties listed above
- Attending a public two or four-year college or technical school
- Maintain a 2.50 or above GPA
The Single Parent Scholarship can be renewed each semester. Applications are available through the Financial aid office or online.
For further information on scholarships and grants, or to pick up an application, contact Mary Standerfer (479) 394-7622 ext 1420.
Selection for the Single Parent scholarships is made by the Polk, Scott, or Montgomery County Single Parent Scholarship committees.