|The fundamental purpose of the financial aid program at Rich Mountain Community College (RMCC) is to make it possible for students to attend college, who would normally be deprived of a college education because of inadequate funds. This purpose is based on the belief that higher education should not be a privilege reserved only for those who can afford to purchase it and that educational opportunities should not be limited by the financial resources of the student and his/her family. While financial assistance maybe limited at RMCC, the Financial Aid Office assist students in every effort possible by helping students obtain resources or opportunities to pay for their education.
How do I know if I am eligible for financial aid?
A student must meet the following requirements to be eligible for financial aid.
Click on the Net Price Calculator to see what is available to you!
- Be accepted into RMCC.
- Must be in an approved degree or certificate program at RMCC.
- Have a HS diploma or GED.
- Be a US citizen or an eligible noncitizen.
- Student must not be in default of a loan.
- If required, be registered with Selective Service (http://www.sss.gov/).
- Be in good academic standing. According to the RMCC Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
Should I apply for financial aid?
Students pursuing a degree or certificate at RMCC must apply for the Federal Pell Grant by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), in order to determine eligibility for Federal and State funds. FAFSA information is also used when determining institutional funds. Students can come by the Financial Aid Office or Educational Opportunity Center (EOC), a Federally funded TRiO program, for assistance with financial aid questions or completing the FAFSA application.
Undocumented Students may be eligible for some types of financial aid. Here are a few websites that have important education and financial aid information as it relates to undocumented students higher education access.
Need Help With FAFSA?
ATTENTION STUDENTS: Effective 2012-2013, the student must import his/her tax information from the IRS using the FAFSA. The following document will assist a student in requesting his/her tax transcript from the IRS, if the student was not able to import his/her tax information using the FAFSA.
Tax Transcript Request Process
IRS Data Retrieval Tool Process
IRS Data Retrieval Tool Tutorial
How do I get started?
- Apply for admissions to RMCC.
- Complete the Free Application to Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). REMEMBER: Help is available with completing the FAFSA. Come by the RMCC Financial Aid Office or see an EOC Representative.
- Complete the RMCC Financial Aid Application. This must be completed each year for financial aid. You may access the application online: 2016-2017 Financial Aid Application.
- Complete any scholarships that you wish to apply for by the deadline and notify the Financial Aid Office. Click on the following link to learn more about the RMCC Academic Scholarships and RMCC Foundation Scholarships.
Important Dates for Financial Aid